Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Changes

Hey man, it's been a minute.

Lots of things have happened since I last wrote, but I think I'll just focus on the things that made me happiest.

I've recently discovered another local, family owned farm that serves breakfast every Saturday morning. I've only been once, but I plan on going every chance I get. The farm is located in Parowan (about 15 miles down the road), and there are fruit trees and animals. They serve cold brew coffee and the most delicious french toast. I cannot wait to go back! If I could just find every small, unique farm in Southern Utah and become friends with the owners, that would be ideal.

I went to Big Bear, California last week with a group of high school kids for youth camp. I always have a blast with them. You might think that spending an entire week with teenagers would be awful, but it's the best kind of chaos when I get to be with them. It's so much fun getting to know them better, and watch them develop friendships with each other. You get to know a whole different side of people when you have to sleep in the same room as them for a week.

We started another round of Improv classes tonight and it was probably the best class I've been to. We worked on not playing a character, but instead being yourself of stage. The scenes that we did were conversational, so basically, we were just on the stage having a normal conversation. At first, that was scary because I thought, what if I don't have a single interesting thing to say? But then, once you start (and once you see the other people do it) you realize that people are interesting and that their stories are intriguing.

At the end of it, it felt like we had just been hanging out with each other, it was so chill. I truly enjoyed it, and it did a lot to calm my nerves about this class. (I missed the first one last week, so I was extra nervous.)

Now to the good stuff! I shaved my head last night!

It was quite the experience! I've been wanting to do it for probably a year or more. I've been saying that it was my next move for a while, but I just now got the courage to do it. I'm not sure what it was, but I just decided that I HAD to do it. Today is the day after all! 

It was one of the scarier things I've done recently, and I'm so beyond proud that I actually went through with it. I feel like a true badass. 

I'm sure there are other things, but that's all I can think of right now.

I'll be back next week. 

What a life we live. 




No comments:

Post a Comment