Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Progress

Good day!

As far as Wednesdays go, this hasn't been a bad one. I never quite look forward to Wednesdays because Improv is Wednesdays and Improv stressssses me out, but class tonight was really good.

In fact, I think this course, as a whole, has been the best so far. While we're on the stage in a scene, the teachers are actively critiquing what we're doing and saying. They're teaching us how to make the scenes work better, and that's so helpful!

I also think I'm progressing! Not sure if I'm getting better at anything, except that I'm definitely getting better at leaving and not obsessing over every little thing I said (and whether or not I might have been wrong to say it). That's progress!

Other things that have happened this week include: a quick Father's Day trip to Twin Falls.

I hadn't been to Twin Falls in several months, probably since Christmas I think. It's always so good to go back. Dad and I went to the farm Saturday morning and it'd been even longer since I'd been there. I do love the farm. It's so green and beautiful and calming. Between that and the farmer's market I've decided that it's impossible to be unhappy when you're growing plants. I would like to be involved in something where I get to grow plants.

We also spent some time at the falls. I loooove the falls. They're so powerful. Even when they're not at full speed, the enormity and beauty of them is astounding.  I love to stare at the water, but I also love to watch the tourists. They pose for pictures and get so excited and it's easy to make fun of (and I do), but it's also nice to see people excited about something so pure.

The best part, or course, is spending time with my siblings and parents. We played several rounds of croquet with dad, and it was so much fun. It was stupid and competitive and we laughed together. I love times like that. I love sitting and making fun of each other and chatting about everything. Time spent with family is so good.

That's been my week!
What a life we live.


No comments:

Post a Comment