Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Happy to Be Here

Good day!

Do you have a bucket list? At the beginning of this year, I started a list called '101 in 1001,' but I never finished it. Actually, I lost it. A friend asked me about it last week, and I brushed it off, but then I was looking through my desk and I found it! I wasn't even going to look for it, but it appeared, so I decided to try finishing it.

The list is 101 things I want to accomplish in 1001 days (approximately 2.75 years). I got the idea from a blog I follow and I like it because it sets a deadline for getting these done. It creates a sense of urgency, I guess. I've attempted it before, but again, kind of forgot about it after a while.

Anyway, I found it and am trying to finish it. I've got 50 items so far, halfway there! And, of those 50 items, I've completed 2 already-- Hike in Zion and Attend Holi Festival. Both of those were fairly easy to do, but I'm doing things! That's amazing. Other items on the list are things like Go to Therapy and Attend 50 Festivals and Learn Calligraphy. I'm trying to think of a mix of items that push me to step out of my comfort zone, but also are fun. They also must be things that I want to do. (Because what would be the point if I didn't want to do the things?!)


This week, instead of a theatre production, I attended a Jazz Concert. I love a jazz concert. They're so much fun, and you can tell that the musicians are having a good time. One great thing about Cedar City is the variety! I wish that there had been things like this in my town when I was growing up. I wish that I'd had the opportunity to see adults playing instruments and adults on stage, because I never knew that was an option. I honestly could not see the point of pursuing music because I didn't think there was any future in it. And now I see old guys playing in bands, having a grand old time, and I'm envious of them because I didn't know.

Obviously, I could learn to play an instrument now, and maybe I will, but I do have this pesky fear of failure or not being good enough that's holding me back at the moment.

Improv this week was good. I was dreading today way more than usual-- I actually woke up and my first thought was, I don't know if I can go tonight. It was an actual fear and I felt it all day. On my way to the theatre, I considered not going because I felt that I couldn't do it. I forced myself to go inside, and I'm so glad that I did.

We played a game called Forward and Reverse, which is just a regular scene except the host can, at any point, tell the players to rewind or fast forward the scene. It's a hoot. The second game was called Bad Advice, and it's a panel of characters that give advice to the audience member who has asked a question. We had to create our own character instead of someone telling us what to do, which is a change. My character was Tatiana, the lifestyle blogger, and I just self promoted and told stories about myself that didn't answer the questions at all. I thoroughly enjoyed both games.

It's been a good week and I'm happy to be here.

What a life we live.



No comments:

Post a Comment