Saturday, March 19, 2016

Springtime

Hello!
Happy March!

Things here are starting to look like Spring! I love Spring. I love when everything starts to turn green and the trees look alive again and the snow melts and the sun shines. It's probably the best season. (Followed by Fall at second best.) I'm really hoping it doesn't freeze again, because that is entirely possible here.

It's been a really good month for me so far. I started working at a small, local greenhouse here in town. It's definitely not the kind of job I was looking for, but I absolutely love it. Since I'm not going back to Idaho this summer to work on the farm, this is a good substitute for that kind of work. I still get to be outside all day, and I get to be around all the plants. This week I planted baby cabbage and baby tomato plants, and I transplanted hundreds of flowers. Basically, I played in the dirt and I loved it!

I'm learning so many things too. I now know how to plant things, for one. There's a method to it and I never knew that before. I'm learning the names of plants. My boss keeps telling me, "You have so much to learn," as she shakes her head and widens her eyes at my lack of plant knowledge. Sometimes I worry that I'll never be able to learn everything I need to know, but honestly, I think I'll do fine.

I'm going to try to post on here more regularly because I really do miss writing. It's nice because I can  go back to read what I've done, but also writing is so good for me. I feel better after I've written something.

Until next time,
Hopefully soon,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment