Monday, February 1, 2016

Snow Day

Hello and Happy February!

I almost have a hard time believing that January has already passed, but then I think about Christmas and that seems like it was ages ago.

We've had the most beautiful winter in Southern Utah. There have been a few little snow storms here and there, but for the most part, it's been fairly nice. Until today, that is.

It started snowing Saturday night and it's still going strong (with a few stops along the way). It isn't supposed to stop snowing until tonight, and while I admit it's beautiful, the thought of driving through it tomorrow kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

Here's a fun fact for you-- school was canceled today at all the schools and the university. The School District in Cedar City hasn't had an official snow day in 61 years. Yeah, that's crazy, and it gives some indication of how bad the weather is today.

So, I'm sitting here on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, watching The Notebook, and snacking way more than I should. Thankfully, I went to the grocery store a few days ago so I'm set as far as food goes!

As far as what I do with the rest of my days, I am still on the job hunt. It's super frustrating to look for a job in a small college town. There are too many students and not enough job opening for them all. But I trust that I will find something soon.

This month I'm helping with the Youth Winter Conference at my church. We'll have 50+ kids (jr. high and high school) at the church for 24 hours. It should be incredibly fun, and I'm really looking forward to it. (I'm also super nervous because that's a lot of kids and I won't know most of them.)

That's about it, really. I can hear the snowplow outside, so maybe they're getting things cleaned up a little.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment