Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Time Flies

Bonjour!

I'm going to be completely honest with you and say that I didn't even realize that today was Wednesday. Here I was getting ready for bed and settling in with Netflix when I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to write something today. So, here I am.

This week has been both busy and boring. Busy because I've had to go to classes and boring because those classes are, well, boring.

This week I'm in Public Relations and Innovation Management. This semester it seems like I've had to do more work in a shorter period of time. Already, in PR, we've had to prepare two separate presentations and today she assigned another that is due a month from now. In Innovation, we've had to write two papers and we're working on a presentation. (Yes, it's good that I'm actually doing school, but good grief.)

In addition, French class started Tuesday and we had a homework assignment there too. Thankfully, I've only got one class next week, then I'm free for a while.

France is having it's biannual sale in all of the stores right now, so I did a little shopping on Monday in the city center, but I think either this Friday or next week, I'm going to go out to one of the bigger shopping centers and see what I can find out there!

Can you believe it's February?! 2015 is well underway. It's this month that we'll hit the 6 month mark.  6 whole months. That's half a year. (If you weren't aware.) That's kind of a long time, but in the big scheme of things, it's such a small piece of time.

Isn't it crazy how time works? It has always fascinated me. I remember when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, I counted up how many years I had left until I graduated and it seemed like 2011 would never come. Now it's 2015 and I'm beginning to realize how quickly time passes. In just 9 short years, I'll be in my 30's. In 30 years I'll be in my 50's.

30 years by itself doesn't seem like that much time, but in relation to me, it seems far too short. (Is that selfish?) I can't even imagine 50 year old me. What will I have accomplished by then? Will I have made it back to Poitiers? Maybe I'll have grandchildren of my own. What will the world be like then? I look back and see how much the world has changed even since I've been alive and I imagine it will change even more rapidly in years to come.

When I'm 50 years old, what will the 9 months I spent in France mean to me? Right now, while I'm living it, it feels like forever, but when I look back on it, will it be just a little thing I did?

I guess this just reminds me to not get too lost thinking about what may happen or what I might think one day and to just live today. For some time now, I've been trying to always be in the moment. Of course, it's difficult for me to not think about everything I just wrote about, but I try to be present. Thinking about these things doesn't accomplish anything for me, but I do like to imagine.

That almost took a turn for the existential, and I apologize for that! It's just something that's been on my mind lately and I thought I'd share.

I hope this week is going well for you! Talk to you next week.

Je t'embrasse,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment