Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Little Mundane

Bonjour!

Alas, I have no exciting stories to tell from this past week. Since last Wednesday, I have only had classes and group projects to occupy my time.

This week's class has been Branding: How to Get What You See. It has been the most interesting course thus far. The teacher is funny and interesting, but also knowledgeable and prepared. I don't even mind sitting in class all day long with him as the teacher.

Our assigned group project for this class is a critique of the brand of our choice. My group chose LEGO and it has been fun to learn about the company and what it stands for. Instead of presenting our findings to the class, we only have to make a video to send to the teacher. This is both a relief and a burden. A relief because I hate making presentations, and a burden because making a video takes more effort and is more time consuming.

Since I have no real news this week, I thought I'd just give you some thoughts about life in general.

Thought 1
I've been away from home for 1.5 months. Some days it feels much longer and others I feel like I just got here. Only 228 days until I return.

Thought 2
It's funny the thoughts that sometimes come up when I forget that I'm on the other side of the globe from home. Last night, I was doing some homework and eating M&M's and I dropped one on the floor. My immediate reaction was to pick it up real quick before Lizzie could get to it! (Lizzie is Gracie's dog.) Once I had picked it up, I realized that Lizzie probably wouldn't find that M&M any time soon. (Also, side note, French M&M's taste different than American M&M's, but I'm coming around to them after snacking on them for three days straight. Although, you can imagine my disappointment when they were not the delicious reminder of home that I was hoping for.)

Another unguarded thought came Saturday morning while I was lying in bed before starting the day. I was on Pinterest and saw some kind of food that looked delicious, and I thought, I should go to Roberto's for a breakfast burrito today. (Roberto's is in Cedar City.) It still sounds absolutely divine. (Which is odd, considering I've only been to Roberto's 5-ish times since living in Cedar.)

Closing Thoughts
Sorry this week's update was incredibly boring. It'll be so much better next week, I promise! We've got 3 big trips coming up, so that'll keep me busy and give me plenty to write about.

Je t'embrasse,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment