Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Graduation

Hello!

How have you been? All is well here. Actually, things are going really great for me. I'm happy with where I am, what I'm doing, and the people I'm surrounding myself with.

This past week has been exciting. I am officially a college graduate! I walked the stage, I flipped my tassel, and I got that diploma! It was a really incredible weekend, and I'm so thankful to all of my family and friends who have become family for making it so special.

To start things off, some of my family from Texas came to Utah to celebrate with me. We started the party at a friends house with pizza and cake. It was so much fun to relax with them. Saturday was a full schedule, with the Commencement Ceremony in the morning, a big late lunch that afternoon, my Graduation Ceremony in the evening, followed by my sister's birthday party.

The Commencement Ceremony was really good. The speakers were great-- inspirational, just like they should be. It was so cool to walk into the Centrum to the sound of Pomp and Circumstance. I think that's when it really hit me that this was all real.

After the ceremony, I watched my roommate graduate, then headed out to spend time with my family. We had a late lunch and I invited some people from church. It was so great to have most of my favorite people in one place. I was overwhelmed at the amount of support I received from these people that I love. I'm so, so grateful for them.

After lunch, we relaxed for a bit, then it was my turn to graduate. (Instead of one big ceremony, SUU divided it up between the different colleges. School of Business went last.) We had to line up an hour early, but mostly we just stood around and talked and didn't actually form lines until it was time to walk. That was incredibly stressful and poorly organized, but whatever, it worked.

Thankfully, there was only one speaker this time and there weren't very many business people graduating. It made for a short ceremony. At the end, some of the professors who play instruments got up and played a song called, "School of Business Blues." It was hilarious, but they were actually pretty good.

Afterward, we took all the pictures and gave hugs and it was such a joyous time!

Honestly, it was just a great weekend.

Now, it's Tuesday, aka my day off, and I'm sitting on the couch, relaxing, eating a Snickers, and just taking it easy. I tried to sleep in this morning, but the sun woke me up. At least I didn't have to get up!

Work is still going really well. I enjoy nearly every day out at the nursery. We're mostly finished planting stuff, so now my days consist of helping customers and watering all the plants. Most days pass fairly quickly.

Anyway, it's great.

That's all I've got.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment