Wednesday, May 13, 2015

So Close

Bonjour!

I am in absolute awe of how quickly May is passing. How is it nearly half way over? I'm not complaining, but, oh my goodness, time is flying.

This week has been... not really busy, but I've had enough to do. Last week I finished my Supply Chain Management class, so that's nice. I don't think I ever mentioned how much I liked the class. I really did. We had to do calculations of how much space we need or when to order new products, and it was fun to get to learn something that's not just theory. We were doing actual math and I was loving it.

Today I'm finishing up another class. This morning my group went in to present our project to the professor and he said we had a half-way decent presentation that was above average. I'm not sure if that's good, but I think it might be. Our professor really likes the people in my group, so we had a good time presenting and talking to him about our findings.

This afternoon I have to go back in and take the final, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Then I'll be finished with this class too!

From here, I have two more courses to start and finish. Of the 16 days I have left here, I'll be in class for 8 of them. That's the first time that's ever happened! So much school is such a little time.

These last two classes are being taught by a professor who's coming over from Southern Utah University (my home university). I've never taken a class from him before, but Joe and Lizette have and say he's a nice guy, so that'll be fun.

Last night I took my final french test. (And that's all I care to say about that.)

I've also got this huge paper to finish writing for the school. When the students leave, the school requires a report on the experience in the school and in France. It has some serious guidelines, so I've been perfecting that.

Aside from school, I've been spending some time at the park. The days are so beautiful lately. I've been breaking out the tank tops, hoping to get some sun on my shoulders before I return home and start working on my farmer's tan. (It's inevitable.) It's going well so far!

I've also been walking over to Sainte-Radegonde and spending time there. If you remember back to a post in September (maybe), Radegonde is my favorite church in Poitiers. It's so calming to sit and think in the nave. It's even better when I catch the organist when he's practicing. I could sit and listen to the music all day.

I've not yet begun packing although I'm itching to get started. I think it's a bit too early still, although I may need to start soon since my last two weeks are packed with classes every day. I did schedule a check-out with the residence, so I know when I have to be out and everything.

The next 16 days should be interesting.

Have a wonderful day!

Je t'embrasse,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment