Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Steadily Moving Forward

Bonjour!

How are you today? Good? Good. Me too.

I've had a relatively uneventful few of days. Really, not much has happened.

The one class I'm in is going well. We've had 3 quizzes so far! That's more than the number of quizzes I took last semester. (Refresher: that number is zero.)

The class is called European Culture and I'm really enjoying it. It's all about the European Union and how it works and who's a member and how the government works and what it stands for. It's fascinating stuff.

In high school, I never learned about the EU; even in college, it has never been mentioned. I'll be honest and say that before I began this course, I didn't have a clue what it was. (I may or may not have thought European Union was synonymous with everything-on-the-European-continent. It's not.)

Thanks to this class, I know the locations and capitals of all the countries in Europe. (Croatia? Zagreb. Kosovo? Pristina.) I also know that there are 28 EU members and several more that want to be. In a strange turn of events, I even learned more about nanotechnology than I ever thought I would.

Anyway, it's a great class. I like learning this stuff.

That's about all that I've been doing. French classes don't begin until February, so I didn't have that this week. Oh! Monday night I went to volleyball practice. That was a good time. I was definitely feeling it on Tuesday. Actually, I woke up ok; I was only sore in my middle to upper back, but by the end of the day, my thighs and calves were screaming and my forearms were tender. You can bet I'll be there every Monday I'm in Poitiers!

We were assigned another group project (I may have mentioned this already), and my group is pretty great. We're doing a whole bunch of research on the Czech Republic. (I've always had an interest in the Czech Republic and Slovakia because my Papa's family is from Czechoslovakia. They broke up.) It's a nice little country. I'm hoping I can make it over there this semester.

Today I'm starting another class called Innovation Management. I don't know exactly what that will entail, but I'm hoping I'll get credit for it once I get back to SUU. It's with that same teacher whose teaching style I'm not a fan of, but hopefully it'll be good.

One more thing! Last night, Lizette, Joe, and I booked our flights home! I'll be back May 29!

I'm absolutely ecstatic about this weekend! I'll tell you all about it next week!

Have a wonderful week, friends.
Je t'embrasse,
Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment